Opportunities at ASA
About Working at ASA...
Currently there are 6+ positions available. See below:
Position: Member of ASA Product Engineering Team
Initial role: Contributor to the further development of the most disruptive tool in the test and measurement field
- 0-3 years experience
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++ or another object-oriented programming language
- Basic familiarity with the parametric side of signals/waveforms, oscilloscopes and other basic test equipment.
- C# programming experience
- jitter measurement experience/knowledge
- strong math and control theory background
- software test experience
- LabVIEW experience
We're not looking for just anyone. It's a position on a unique team with an extraordinary body of work to their credit. And your ability to make that team better and stronger than it is now will be the biggest part of what we'll be looking at. Beyond the basics mentioned above, the successful candidate will also demonstrate the following qualities:
- Principled, optimistic and hard working
- An eagerness to learn, the ability to listen, and a desire to contribute to building an engineering culture that aspires to the greatness of those cultures from decades past
- A willingness to innovate and a passion to create consistently superior products that dramatically change our customer's world for the better
- Shackleton would have hired you
Position: West Coast Regional Sales
ASA is seeking an exceptional individual to provide the necessary care and feeding of our Western-region domestic sales. Experience in direct sales with test and measurement equipment is a minimum, as is at least 5 years in sales experience. Candidates should reside in the Bay Area if possible. Experience with transactional selling methods is a strong plus. Ability to work with channel sales is a plus.
Position: Media Relations
Amherst Systems Associates (ASA) is currently seeking a part-time or full-time public relations and marketing major for the company’s Media Relations position. ASA is open to offering this position part-time to students in their senior year, looking to go full-time after graduation, or full-time to current graduates.
Candidate will be expected to create and maintain relationships with press, discover and develop co-marketing opportunities within our innovative electronic marketing program, develop marketing and promotional strategies and materials, write and manage the company’s monthly newsletter, blogs, and Podcast, and maintain the company’s website. Candidate should have excellent verbal and written skills and be able to effectively and persuasively communicate the company’s mission and be responsible for all outbound messaging. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with Adobe GoLive (or similar web design software), Microsoft Access, and Adobe Photoshop preferred.
Position: Account Sales Manager
Location: San Jose, Silicon Valley, South Bay, San Francisco Peninsula
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon Sales Plan which will meet business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. Provide assistance with support and engineering teams to assure customer satisfaction, revenue growth and long-term territory goals consistent with ASA vision and values.
- Responsible for the sales of ASA scope software products to accounts within territory.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge of ASA products.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Account Manager on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models. Timing presentations of all ASA provided quotations to customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with engineering managers/ VP’s and business owners and decision makers. Provide insight and guidance to common state of Oscilloscope market issues and position ASA product solutions that mitigate those and improve those concerns.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in growing ASA products impact to customer organization. Identify all decision makers in sales process and provide guidance to advancing the sale in an effective manner.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and installed customers of the impact various solutions ASA offer to their business and engineering workflow.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business and engineering problems, the effects of the problems, and the ASA solutions to their problems. Including recommended training proposals assuring customer success with ASA product implementation.
- Responsible for sourcing and developing customer relationships and referrals.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather, submit detailed business process information for configuring, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified customers business problems.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the ASA team.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
Relationships and Roles:
- Maintain contact with all customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer Satisfaction.
- Act as a liaison between ASA and customer, providing technical guidance and assistance before sale all the way through installation.
- Provide pre-sales and routine and simple post-sale support response to customer requests and needs regardless of whether the issue involves warrantee or non-warrantee service.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support participants.
- Referring appropriate customer technical questions that cannot be handled by Account Manager to ASA in a timely manner.
- 2-5 years of experience in sales of Engineering Software solutions, and /or Test & Measurement solutions that have significant software content.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large, complex organizations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects oscilloscope usage and engineering workflow practices.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements in device timing and characterization.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- BSEE, CS or equivalent.
Position: Enterprise Manager
If you work in T&M sales and you KNOW everyone thinks you kick ass, contact us.